Consejos para manos hermosas
Do your hands look older than you feel? It’s not surprising — think of how much we use and abuse them (drying effects of the sun, winter winds and the harsh chemicals in many cleaning products). You may be surprised to learn that just five minutes of hand care each day can make a difference. Try these handy ways to keep yours looking beautiful:
- Protect hands by wearing sunscreen every day and gloves for protection from work like cleaning and gardening
- Slough off dead skin cells for a smoother and healthier appearance. Mix together some sea salt and lemon juice. Brush it into your hands with an old toothbrush a couple of times a week and then rinse. It’s rejuvenating.
- Soften hands when doing dishes. A teaspoon of almond oil in your dishwater reduces roughness, and seals in moisture.
- Strengthen fragile nails by heating a cup of milk in the microwave until warm. Then soak your hands in the milk for about five minutes. Its high calcium content works to strengthen brittle nails.
- Moisturize your hands while washing them. The average woman washes her hands five to six times each day! This can be very drying over time. Try switching to a moisturizing hand cleanser for clean hands that stay soft and supple.
- Alleviate dry, cracked hands using leftovers. Create a mask with warm mashed potatoes (containing milk or olive oil) and apply it to your hands. Leave it on for about 15 minutes and then rinse with cool water.
- Lighten age spots on your hands by applying freshly squeezed lemon juice to the spots twice a day (with cotton ball) until you get the desired results (usually in about six to eight weeks).
- Brighten dull nails with castor oil. Massage a drop onto each nail and then buff using a tissue. Your nails will have a natural, beautiful shine.