5 bocadillos que alimentan tu cuerpo
Snacking is a vital part of any balanced diet, and is an important way to keep your body going during the day. Just like with main meals, eating the wrong snack foods can seriously impact your energy levels and productivity. People looking to change their diet often focus on their main meals. The lowly snack is rarely given due consideration and old habits remain. There are so many delicious, healthy snacks that won’t hurt your waistline, and they don’t involve lengthy preparation or bland ingredients!
Here are 5 tasty snacks that will fuel your body throughout the day.
- Hummus. Blended chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic; hummus has taken the world by storm in recent years. Rich in protein it fights hunger effectively. Hummus leaves you feeling full while having a low calorie count. Also a source of iron, hummus is energy boosting. Try it as a dip with vegetables like carrots and celery, or as a spread on whole-wheat crackers or whole-wheat pita bread.
- Yogur Griego. Greek yogurt offers a big punch of protein, making it an excellent hunger-busting snack. The two types of Greek yogurt are full fat(made from full fat milk) and fat free (name from skimmed milk). Which one you choose depends on how strictly controlled your diet is. Both are an excellent source of protein. For strictly controlling calories and fat intake, the fat free option sacrifices some creaminess for a reduced fat content.
- Arándanos. Blueberries are fast becoming a super food of choice for health conscious dieters. Low in calories and high in antioxidants, blueberries are also packed full of nutrients like fiber and vitamin C. Raspberries and strawberries are sweeter yet reasonably healthy energy boosting alternatives.
- Huevos duros. Commonly taken as part of a packed salad, hard-boiled eggs are full of protein, and are superb at relieving hunger cravings. Preparing a lunch box salad easy on the dressing!
- Soy Crisps. If cravings are uncontrollable and you just have to have something that doesn’t feel like healthy food, why not try soy crisps? Made with soy flour rather than potatoes, soy crisps don’t contain any dangerous trans fats that affect your cholesterol. Soy crisps have a number of good nutrients, including a good chunk of protein, so they will give you an energy boost and indulge your cravings at the same time.